How much time do I have to wait after stopping breastfeeding to do breast augmentation?

Hi, I'm 32 years old , have 2 children , stopped breastfeeding my daughter one month ago. My size now is 32a. When can I do my breast augmentation ??

Time frame for breast augmentation after breastfeeding

I personally recommend that breast augmentation surgery be deferred until a patient has stopped lactating and her breasts have involuted to a final stable size. The time frame will vary for different individuals but for most this will be between 3-6 months after discontinuing breast feeding. 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Typically we advise patients to wait at least three moths after stopping breast feeding before scheduling a consultation for breast augmentation.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

If you are considering breast enhancement surgery, I would definitely recommend waiting until you are completely finished lactating. However, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Usually , 3-6 months is usually a good amount of time after breast-feeding to have breast surgery. 

When the time is right, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   Best wishes.

3 Months After Weaning

The general rule is to wait at least 3 months after you've stopped producing milk before a breast augmentation procedure. Your surgeon may have a differing opinion, but generally speaking, delaying surgery gives the structures of your breasts ample time to recover after breastfeeding. 

3 months

Typically three months is best as the breast milk is associated with a higher risk of capsular contracture.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.Typically it is best to wait at least three months  before having breast augmentation surgery. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best wishes.

Hello Dear, thank you so muchf for your question.After leave breastfeeding to your baby, the time that must wait are to perform is any procedure in your breast is 3 to 4 months.
Hope hear from you soon , best wishes!

Ramon Morales, MD

Breast augmentation after breast feeding

Thank you for your question.  The typical time frame is 3-6 months.  However, an important additional factor is the cessation of milk production.  A breast augmentation will cut through some breast tissue and if you still have milk production, you can get a milk collection around the implant which can create capsular contracture and put you at risk for infection of the implant.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Waiting after breast feeding

You should wait a minimum of 6 months prior to considering breast surgery following breast feeding. This time allows your breast ducts/glands to shrink back to their original size; this will minimize the risk of getting an infection and/or requiring revision surgery due to breast asymmetry from breast feeding.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

BA Post Breast Feeding

Each Plastic Surgeon has their own, preferred protocols. Your surgeon may advise anywhere between 3-6 months waiting period after you've stopped breast feeding to allow the breasts to stabilize. I recommend that you research board certified Plastic Surgeons in your area and inquire with them directly.
All the best