No implant/implants. Dr did a fat grafting procedure and cut up an 8x8 piece of Strattice and placed it inside my breast (Photo)

How do we take the Strattice out and conserve my breast? Who does this revision?

Why can't your surgeon take the Strattice out?

Fortunately, your  photos only show compromise but no frank necrosis of your tissue.  What is the motivation now for removal of the Strattice?  If your surgeon won't do this, or you have lost all confidence in him/her, see a local board certified/eligible plastic surgeon for further advice.

Breast reconstruction revision

It is difficult to tell you what you would need done.  I suggest you consult with a plastic surgeon who can examine you, discuss your goals, and determine the best course.  

David S. Chang, MD

Breast Revision

Thank you for your question and photos. It is difficult to tell exactly what was done and with what goal in mind based on the photos. I would recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon (with your previous records) so they may determine what options are available for you to reach your desired outcome. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS