Any suggestions for hairline lowering/ facelift /brow lift?

I was wondering what is the difference between the three? I would like to shorten my forehead and also get a face lift to lift my slightly saggy cheeks. I am 24 years old and two kids

24 years old and would like a facelift and shorter forehead

A 24 years of age I would caution you away from anything surgical to improve your cheeks.  

Mild cheek laxity can be improved using office based procedures such as botox and fillers. Skin treatments using light acids may benefit you at this early age.

Regarding your forehead there are procedures that place an incision at the hairline and then advance the hair bearing scalp forward, then remove the extra forehead skin and close.  Your forehead can be shortened by a couple of centimeters.  This may elevate your brow, so consider this too.  Again, I would not recommend based on your age, and lack of photos.

Facelifting is generally performed on patients over 40 years of age and requires incisions around your ears to accomplish.

With 2 children and only 24 years old, start slow.  Use sun blocks and cleanse your face nightly.

m

Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ms. LuckyLadybug, there are procedures to lower the forehead, and this has a specific goal to decrease the distance of the hairline from the brows. More commonly the brows can be elevated to decrease this distance or the appearance of the excess height of the forehead. A face lift will not change the appearance of the forehead. A facelift addresses the mid face and lower portion of the face and often is combined with a neck lift. During a consultation with an experienced surgeon, your concerns should be voiced and a discussion of options based on your concerns and goals is most important in deciding how to proceed.

Forehead Reduction

A forehead reductionist a relatively simple operation, but one that takes some care to make it look good (natural).  Like so many other techniques, the action of pulling the scalp down lower will also act to pull the brow up.  However, it will not give you any kind of "facelift" action to the mid-face or lower face areas.  There are connections between your skin and bone (we call them retaining ligaments) that would prevent that from happening.
With all of this said, I would doubt that you need a facelift at age 24 anyway.  I know the kids can change things a bit, but you will probably do well with fillers and skin treatments for now.
Good Luck!

Thomas P. Sterry, MD

To shorten your forehead and advance your hairline a "brow reduction" would be performed. This involves a forehead hair line incision with removal of "excess" forehead skin. This could be done at the same time as a face lift.

Fred Suess, MD

24 y/o females rarely if ever need a facelift

unless there is some inherent problem with your skin that predisposes you to accelerated aging.  So make sure whoever you see can deliver on what you want.  For lowering your hairline, it will require an incision along your hairline and are you willing to accept this?

Curtis Wong, MD

SUGGESTIONS REGARDING BROWLIFT AND FACELIFT

DearLuckyladybug, I remember your name from an earlier post that you did supply photographs with however they did not show your hairline in them so it is unknown whether this is needed in your case while elevating your brows. I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field of facial rejuvenation and definitely stay away from any face lift plans at this time. At consultation all of your options can be fully discussed. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Hairline Lowering/ Facelift/Brow Lift

A hairline lowering and brow lift can be done at the same time with the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision technique that we described over 30 years ago. It is very unlikely that a 24 year old lady needs a facelift but pictures would help me offer suggestions after seeing the problem you describe..

Hairline / Sagging Cheeks

Thanks for your question. For your hairline, there are ways shorten your forehead.  Most often, its an open forehead lift, which reduces the distance from your brows to your hairline. It also lifts your brows slightly.  That might be what your are looking for. I would have to see pictures of you to see if that's appropriate.  For your cheeks, I would again have to see pictures. Its uncommon to have jowls from aging, at 24.  Instead, what you might be experiencing is prominent cheek fat, which can be removed from inside the mouth ( buccal lipectomy).  Alternatively, you can have a mid face lift, which is done through the hairline in the temples, and lifts the whole cheek / eyelid complex without any truly visible scars.  I hope that helps, and Good Luck!

Samir Undavia, MD
Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift, Forehead Lift, Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. At 24 it would be rather unusual to need a facelift. Sagging jowls at your age should respond quite well to fillers. Lowering your hairline can be accomplished by shortening your forehead which can have the simultaneous benefit of raising your brows, assuming your anatomy is favorable.
Without photos its hard to give you a definitive answer but a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be highly recommended. Your anatomy can be examined in detail and an appropriate treatment plan formulated to help you achieve your goals
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Forehead lift

At 24 , it is unlikely that you need a face lift or brow lift. the hairline can be lowered however and that may be a congenital problem that could be made better with surgery. I  would need to see a picture to see if you are a candidate. Best of luck