Is it necessary to have a phlebectomy on feet or ankles or is it just for cosmetic purposes? I have no pain in my feet.

I have already had laser abulation in both legs and chemical ambulation in one. I would rather not have any more procedures. I still have bulging veins in my feet and on my ankles, but I am wondering if he is recommending a phlebotomy for cosmetic purpose or is there any medical need. Thank You!

Varicose Veins on the feet

If you have had the underlying "feeder vein" taken care of (which it sounds like you have), then these will likely shrink. It is not absolutely necessary to have these removed. They will shrink over time. Remember, they didn't show up overnight...they will take time to become smaller. They may never get back to their "normal size". However, they should become less noticeable. 

Foot veins

I think you answered your own question.  With no symptoms and only appearance it would be for cosmetic reasons. Ambulatiry phlebrctomy is a great choice but keep in mind there is a chance of potential nerve injury especially around the ankle and top of foot. Foam sclerotherapy is another option but may require several treatment sessions to get the results you would like 

Ivan Brooks, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Foot veins

If these veins are not causing you any discomfort or contributing to swelling in your ankles or feet, I would suggest leaving them alone.

Lisa Perez, MD
Atlanta Physician

Foot veins

Foot vein treatment is usually a cosmetic procedure.  If there are clots in the foot veins then evacuating them may be considered not cosmetic but this would be a rare occurrence .

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon