Hello, I will have a Tummy Tuck and a BBL in 2 weeks, I'm feeling very very anxious, is this a problem for surgery? (photo)

My doctor gave me a anxiety pills. Would anxiety and stress be a problem for my surgery?

Lipo + BBL candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I recommend you waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Anxiety before surgery

Anxiety before surgery is normal. If it is really upsetting you and preventing you from sleeping, then perhaps your surgeon can give you something to relax you.

Feeling anxious before #plastic surgery and #brazilianbuttlift #bbl

Hi Marielita, Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Some degree of anxiety before surgery is definitely normal.  In our plastic surgery office we see our patients several times before any surgical procedure which many patients mention helps with any anxiety they may be feeling. Discuss your feelings directly with your board certified plastic surgeon as he or she should be able to help guide you and answer your questions. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best. Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS -- CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Anxiety is very common

It's completely normal to feel anxious before surgery.  It should not be a problem at all, and your doctor may give you a medication to calm your nerves before the procedure.  However, if you are  having severe problems, irregular heartbeat, or other concerns, speak with your physician.

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon

Anxiety

Thank you for your question. Anxiety before surgery is normal. If you have any questions I recommend asking your plastic surgeon. He may be able to alleviate some of your anxiety. Best of luck with your procedure. 

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Anxiety

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It Is important to be open and honest with your plastic surgeon about your anxiety. The anti-anxiety medication prescribed for you to take prior to your surgery should ease your nerves and calm and relax you. It is best to have any medical or mental illnesses under control before undergoing elective cosmetic procedures. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon