Do I have to get the TT if I don't want the hanging skin? Should I get both TT and BBL? (photos)

If so which should come first? I am currently scheduled for a TT in January 2017. I originally wanted to get a BBL done with the lip but I was told that I would have excessive skin. I have seen mixed reviews on this topic and I wanted to see if I could get further insight. Do I have to get the TT if I don't want the hanging skin? Should I get both? If so which should come first? Thanks in advance for your responses.

At my practice i dont perform those procedure at the same time. I always recommended to do BBL first then 3 month later to do Tummy Tuck to get rid of excesses skin. 

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body this fat will grow and age with you.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Do I have to get the TT if I don't want the hanging skin?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck, This procedure consists in the removal of excess skin and abdominal fat and muscle flaccidity correction. This situation of excess skin and relaxation of the abdominal wall is often in patients who have had weight gain and subsequent loss or in womenwho have had multiple pregnancies. Tummy Tuck (Abdominiplasty)  get a flatter, firmer abdomenand a narrower waist. 

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!! 

Ramon Morales, MD

Saggy skin tightened with tummy tuck

It does look like you have loose skin in your photos, and the sagginess will most likely get worse with your BBL. A tummy tuck would be necessary to remove the loose skin. I recommend getting the BBL first then, once you’ve sufficiently recovered, have the tummy tuck done to address the remaining excess fat and loose skin.

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

Thank you for your question and your photo.

You already seem to be a great candidate for a TT combined with a Lipo for better results. Combining surgeries is very common in plastic surgery but it añl depends on your PS.

Best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Skin

The only way to get rid of excess skin efficiently is to have it surgically removed.  Many time lipo/lasers won't tighten the lower abdominal skin enough.  Make sure your are in the best possible shape before surgery because any extra weight can lessen the result.  Good luck.

Adrian Smith, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Best procedures for your body, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

BBl and TT

FIrst, you need an exam and a review of your history and height and weight. If your BMI is very high you might need to diet first. I prefer to perform the BBL first and then a Tummy tuck at a later time.

Tummy Tuck first

From viewing your photos, it appears you will get the best result from a tummy tuck. It is important to know if oyu are at your ideal weight or if you wish to lose more weight. If you do plan to lose weight, I would advise postponing surgery until you are at or near your ideal weight. Thanks for your question and good luck!

Janet Turkle, MD

Which comes first, tummy tuck or bbl?

As previously mentioned, good physical condition with an acceptable BMI and stable weight is recommended prior to surgery. That being said, I would recommend the bbl first for several reasons. It is recommended that the patient stay off their buttock as much as possible after fat grafting of that area, and doing a tummy tuck at the same time will make that a bit difficult. In addition, it is quite a big surgery that will take a few hours in the OR, a good 2-4 weeks to recover, and will increase post operative complications(such as wound healing problems, excessive swelling and not produce the most desirable results). Again, do the bbl first, then approximately 3-6 months later you can do the tummy tuck. By then, you should be totally healed and can concentrate on your tummy recovery.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD

Tummy Tuck - BBL At Same Time?

Thank you for your question. I do not think it is a good idea to have a tummy tuck and BBL at the same time. I believe you will have better results if you stage the procedures. First, do liposuction to harvest fat from the hips, flanks, thighs, and abdomen. This fat can be used for the BBL. Once you have recovered from Stage 1, a tummy tuck can be performed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs these procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps and good luck.