Is this staple supposed to be there? (Photo)

Hi so I had a breast lift with implants early August about 1 1/2 months now and I noticed this staple on my right side incision. Now I'm almost sure this is not suppose to be dissolved by my body or even be there.... Can someone please let me know. It's starting to hurt

It was left inadvertently and should be removed. Go to your surgeon and they will gladly assist you.

Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Best to return to your surgeon to have it removed.                                                     

Likely the staple was left in by accident.  Go see your surgeon for follow-up.  Good luck with your results.

Go get it taken out

sometimes PS use staples to mark areas of the body during surgery. Apparently you had one left in place after surgery. go see your PS and have it removed. 

A staple

Staples are sometimes used to reapproximate tissues during surgery. It can be easily removed at this point just give your PS a call.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon