Best silicone/tension relieving tape to reduce scars after breast life?

I am 4 weeks post op and I want to minimize my scars after breast lift. I have seen a lot about Embrace silicone sheets, but wow, they are expensive. I am willing to make the investment if this is truly the best option, but are there other effective sheets that are less costly? Thank you!

Relieving Scars After Breast Lift

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

Silicone sheets and Breast Lift scars.

Thanks for your question. I will be curious to see how other doctors respond to this question. As you can see there are countless scar lotions, potions and tapes that you can buy off the internet. While your plastic surgeon can help direct the scar in my opinion your genetics will most likely determine your result and you can't change that. 

I have no objections to any of the multiple scar modalities but I am a big fan of scar massage  alone with inexpensive lotions such as cocoa butter. There is strong evidence that scar massage helps the scar to flatten and remodel sooner.

Check in with your question to your own PS. You may get a very different opinion.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon