Risk of implant displacement 10 days post op?

I was walking and missed a step and came down abruptly on my left foot. I may be crazy, but I felt movement in my left breast. I had a breast lift and implants about 10 days ago. I am wearing a compression bra so I'm hoping that held everything in. Do you think I am at risk of implant displacement? I know the capsule takes a while to form. I've been being so careful and I hope I didn't shift anything around by missing that step and coming down hard on my foot.

Implant displacement after breast surgery

Displacement of an implant is possible but highly unlikely.

The pocket is ;precisely dissected.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Implant displacement after trauma and recent surgery

After any traumatic event,  and a symptomatic change in a post surgical breast – I strongly encourage you to see your ABPS board certified plastic surgeon as soon as possible.    I always want to see my  breast implant patients after any trauma to the breast,  especially in the early postoperative period.    It takes greater than 8 weeks for 80% of scar strength to mature.   This is why I typically encourage patients to wear some type of supportive bra for the majority of the time the first 3 months -  while immature scar is strengthening.    If your plastic surgeon used any form of suturing to control your pocket, or change the position of your breast fold – he or she might be concerned with  a popped suture or suture pull through (cheese wire effect)  after trauma or an event causing a slip/fall/muscle pull.  Your surgeon may simply want to further observe, modify bra garment or taping protocol - or even replace a popped fold defining suture if severe and necessary!

Joshua Lampert, MD,FACS

Missing step and implant displacement?

It is unlikely that you missing a step caused an implant displacement. If you are concerned, best to see your surgeon.

Breast Implant Displacement

While implant displacement is unlikely, I recommend contacting your surgeon to discuss the issue.  If it is determined that the pocket has widened somewhat, they may recommend a different bra or special taping maneuvers to try and close the pocket off again.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon