What products to attain a similar look? (photos)

I know the example photos are not attainable for my frame/build/skin. I do like the way their breasts look and would like something similar. I have a consultation coming up with a board certified plastic surgeon. I just want to have my ducks in a row. What kind of implant would accomplish a similar look would it be under the muscle or no, and roughly (I know it's an estimate) how many cc's would be needed. Thank you in advance for taking the time to look and answer!

Wish Pics

Thank you for the question and photos. It may be possible to guess at the implant type/shape and placement for you but you do need to be measured in person to determine what specific implant sizes fit you. Your Plastic surgeon will measure your breasts and choose a small selection of implant diameters which fit the breast width and increase slightly in volume and the projection or fullness increases. Round, silicone cohesive gel implants placed part way under the muscle can provide the full but somewhat natural look that you are after. You may have the option of choosing moderate or full projection implants to achieve the size you want. My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers in the office with a form-fitting T-shirt in order to get an idea of how they will look.
I recommend that you seek board certified Plastic Surgeons who specialize in dimensional breast augmentation and book your consultations,
All the best

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs. It is hard to recommend what CC’s you should get based on photographs. But I usually recommend high profile Sientra implants, under the muscle, to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix  is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Up Coming Consult

From your photos you would be a candidate for breast augmentation.  That women in your other photos most like have fairly large implants proportion to there frame.  This is one of the important things to consider prior to your consultation.  I frequently will ask want is the look you are going for and not necessarily the cup size, although that is helpful, all bras are not created equal.  There are many techniques with there pro's and con's for breast augmentation as well as types of implants and shape of implant and position for the implant.  After consulting with your surgeon, they will decide what would be the best approach and implant to achieve your desired goal.  Remember that there is also more than one right way to also reach that goal and there can be variation between surgeons.

Implant choice

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size and profile/shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What products to attain a similar look?

Thanks for your question and pictures.  It does appear based on your pictures that you would be a good candidate for a breast augmentation and should get a good result.  Silicone implants placed in a dual plane position often give a very good outcome and is what I recommend to most of my patients.  Size estimates are really difficult without doing an in person examination and taking proper measurements.  I would say that review of your pictures shows women with significant cleavage.  Your front view picture shows that you do have a wide space between your breasts and trying to achieve cleavage such as your wish pics may be difficult.  Have a long discussion with your plastic surgeon regarding your goals. 

Naveen Setty, MD

What products to attain a similar look?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.   Based on your goal photographs, it is clear that you would like the breasts to be close to one another in the midline (cleavage area); keep in mind that your starting anatomy will limit  how close to the midline the breast implants can be placed safely. In my practice, I would likely  recommend the use of silicone gel breast implants placed in the sub muscular (dual plane) position.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.