Are Mentor textured implants or Sientra textured implants firmer?

I had breast augmentation in July 2015. 415 cc, high profile, sientra textured silicone implants. I decided that these are too big for my petite frame (5'1/100 lbs), so I will be "downsizing" as soon as I can get a date set. I believe my new dr prefers mentor implants. I still like the "fake", firm look, so I'm wondering which implant feels and looks firmer. Aside from the size, I am happy with my sientras. I am over the muscle and have had no capsular contracture.

Textured Mentor and Sientra Implants. Firmness?

Assuming that you have high profile round textured implants there is little difference between brands that you would be expected to detect. IMO the high profile of your implant tends to give the less natural "full" look and feel.  Discuss with your p s your goals to be certain that a narrower base diameter doesn't take too much away from your cleavage once you downsize.  Regards, Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Implant firmness

In my opinion, the various form stable implants feel about the same. Best of luck with your results.

Mentor versus Sientra breast implants

Dear Waffle123,
In general, the science does indicate that Sientra implants, when comparing "formstable" implants head to head, are more "firm."  Whether this difference is detectable in vivo (in the body) is undetermined, especially if placed under the muscle.  Good luck!

Mentor vs Sientra

Thank you for your question.  The round implants made by the three implant manufacturers - Allergan, Mentor, Sientra - are all rather comparable.  The anatomically shaped implants are somewhat different with the Allergan implants being the most firm and the Sientra implants being the softest.  The "fake" look may be somewhat lessened simply by decreasing the size of your implants.  

Firm implants

Both Mentor and Sientra make a variety of implants.  "Form-stable" implants are designed more firm, to hold their shape.  Both companies make a type of this implant.  So you could choose a firm implant from either company.  Placing the implant under the muscle will also likely disguise it more, and may give your breast less implant feel.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon