Should I get a makeover for my vagina? (photos)

I had a nice vagina at 17 until I masturbated with a vaccum cleaner hose, which resulted in hanging labia. I've always had a camel toe. I have had 1 child and it loosened my vagina to being able to stick two fingers in easily unaroused. I am interested in just giving my whole vaginal area a makeover. I want a vaginal tightening, labia manora & majora reduction, and camel toe reduction. Would I benefit from this? If so, doing this with the same doctor could I likely get a package price?

Cosmetic Gyn Options after misguided Vagina versus Vacuum Cleaner Challenge

Now, that's a story. Without the photos, you sound like a train wreck. However, the pics show that things aren't too bad regarding the amount of excess skin at the labia majora and minora. Vaginal laxity can't be assessed by photos. What you really need is to develop a clear idea of what you want to change and how much you'd like to change it. From what I see, you might want to limit the external work to the minora and hood. The internal tightening side of things requires an examination in person. Naturally, combos come in at a lower price than doing them one at at time. Feel free to contact me privately to discuss further and for a customized quote.

Possible vaginal area makeover ?

Thank you for the excellent question. Many young women who have had a childbirth, were subjected to a significant stretching of their connective tissue and surrounding pelvic floor and perineal muscles, mainly during vaginal delivery. Additional contributing factor include hormonal changes during pregnancy leading to an increased laxity of pelvic/perineal muscles. Based on the images you provided, most likely both labia as well as vagina/perineum require a surgical correction in order to provide satisfactory results as to the appearance and function of all affected anatomical areas. Once you decide to undergo a thorough evaluation by an experienced surgeon and express your concerns, most certainly all affected structures will be taken into a consideration for a possible "genital area makeover".  Ultimately, decision belongs to you as to the choice and extend of the procedure since there are many excellent techniques available to restore this anatomical area. My suggestion would be to do a diligent research so you are familiar with existing techniques and their most likely outcome. As always, finding an experienced surgeon is the most crucial part with respect to satisfactory surgical results. Best of luck.

Best regards,

Yvonne wolny, MD

Vagina makeover

Your labia minora and labia majora are enlarged. A labiaplasty with a clitoral hood reduction can reduce your size. However, it must be performed by a surgeon with experience. One of the two most common labiaplasty techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks. It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed. If you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced it at the same time. 

Your labia majora have stretched which resulted in excess skin. The technique I use leaves a scar on the inside of the majora in the fold between the majora and the minor and clitoral hood.  I can reduce the fat in the majora at the same time if it is too large.  I have also published and lectured extensively on this procedure. 

Your vagina can certainly be tightened due to the stretching from childbirth.

No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Should I get a makeover for my vagina?

Thank you for your question.  I reviewed your photos and your anatomy appears to be very correctable to accomplish the goals you mention.  Your labia minora are just a bit elongated relative to your labia majora and you have some extra skin adjacent to the skin that covers your clitoris.  You really look fine and good but if a change in appearance is your desire this can be accomplished during a procedure in an office setting.  The tightening can be accomplished at the same time with narrowing of your vaginal canal and the opening.  There would be a reduced fee for doing all of this at once.  The surgery can be accomplished with one operation (with the usual caveats about the risks of surgery.)  No vaginal sex after the procedure for at least eight weeks.

Labiaplasty and

Dear Erwiliza:

Thanks for sharing your questions. First let me start by saying they can be done at the same timed and the  decision to have both a labiaplasty and internal tightening is YOUR decision.  No doctor should tell you what you need but instead these are cosmetic surgical procedures and only you can tell them what you think you need and then he/she must come to an agreement with you.  

if you choose a surgeon with the right experience and expertise.  Let us discuss each of your issues separately:

1) Labia minora reduction - the two most common techniques are linear resection and a wedge resection. based upon your photos and you desires I would recommend a linear resection. Each surgeon has their own technique and their technique coupled with artistic talent is what gives a woman their results.  In a study I performed in 2010 a review of 550 of my patients requesting labiaplasty over a 3 . 5 year period  were interview ed about their postoperative expectations.  99% of  the caucasian woman ( of which I assume you are based upon your photos--  though i might be wrong) wanted their labia reduced so they no longer protruded beyond the majora and 99% preferred a lighter skin color i.e. pink versus dark.  Of  course I would ask you personally on what you hope to achieve as you might not be in agreement to 99% of caucasian women. My partner and I, Dr. Robert Moore have a 97% satisfaction rate after performing a labiaplasty - this means 97 out of 100 patients are happy with their  results.

2) Lateral prepuce reduction ( can be seen on my website) - which is the extra layer of tissue lateral to the clitoral hood known as the prepuce.  Obviously this is again your decision, but it has been my experience that patients get a better cosmetic results if when they have lateral prepuce it is reduced concurrently with the labia reduction. 

2) Vaginal Rejuvenation or tightening surgery--- 

Vaginal rejuvenation really means the internal tightening of the vagina and tightening of the vaginal opening usually to enhance friction for intercourse.   In experienced hands this surgery is approximately 85-90% successful as defined by the patient ( i.e. she is satisfied with the enhancement of friction during the act of intercourse 12 months after surgery).   There are only 4 papers written on this topic and my partner, Dr Moore and I are co-authors of two of these papers.    This surgery is usually accomplished by performing posterior vaginal wall surgery ( known as a posterior repair and coupling this with a levator muscle plication) + a vaginal opening repair known as a perineoplasty.   This requires experience, expertise, and good knowledge of  the pelvic floor.      Patients who have had spinal trauma i.e. lower back injury, chronic straining due to "constipation' and or lifting heavy things, multiple childbirths may need more than just tightening procedure they actually need vaginal reconstruction and this depends upon whether their is more than just the floor of the vagina is broken.  If more is broken and you have a cystocele ( bladder drop) and uterine drop/prolapse this all would be addressed at the time of your appointment.  

I hope this is helpful and please choose a surgeon with experience, expertise, a great reputation and one who achieves great results.  A good surgeons all also give you sometype of guarantee, in my practice: 1)  labiaplasty - if your labia are slightly uneven or one side is not symmetrical with the other I will redo the labiaplasty and not charge a second surgical fee also 2)  vaginal rejuvenation- if you are not tight enough in the first year I will do a 2nd tightening procedure and not charge you a surgeons fee.  Again choose  a surgeon with experience make sure you do you due diligence prior to signing up with the cheapest surgeon or someone in your locale.  Choose a surgeon who can prove they have experience. Yes a reduction in overall cost is feasible when getting multiple procedures.  I wish you the very best in your care.

Sincerely

John R Miklos MD

Urogynecology ~ Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon

Atlanta  ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai