How long does it take textured sientra subglandular implants to adhere? I feel like they're not even. 3 wks post op

Hi, I am noticing that my implants are not exactly even. I requested the fake look and while I am happy with the roundness of my right, I feel like my left drops slightly. This may have been my pre-op anatomy. But, the left one feels "looser" in my body (sometimes it feels like it is sloshing around a bit). Is this possible? I got a prior response saying that there is a chance it did not adhere well enough. How long does the adherence process take? What are my options to fix this?

Sientra Implants and adherence.

Thanks for the question.

You are correct that the asymmetry that you are seeing may be related to your pre-op anatomy and pre-op asymmetry.  Asymmetry is really normal as we all are asymmetrical.  Having said that, perhaps the right implant can be encouraged to settle a bit more with aggressive massage.  You are early in the postoperative period and things tend to improve with time.  Discuss this with your surgeon. 

Sentra implants really don't adhere.  I have had the occasion to re-operate on several Sientra patients, and adherence is something that I have never seen.   Despite the lack of adherence,  the implants tend to stay in place better than smooth implants  because of a higher friction coefficient with the texturing.   

No two breasts are exactly the same, and you breasts look pretty good at 3 weeks. Best of luck with your results.

Adherence of textured breast implants.

You are still healing and I do not see anything out of the ordinary. You will never be completely equal because no one is completely equal before or after surgery. If the one side feels "looser" that could be related to the skin envelope and not the pocket. If it is the pocket your surgeon will be your best ally. You may need to wear a compressive bra for a little longer. As long as there is no seroma or fluid collection I would expect adherence. Again, keep your surgeon in the loop since he/she has your best interests in mind. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon