How long after extended tummy tuck can I fix my arms, bra strap area and lower back? What procedures do you recommend. (photo)

In a month I am having a bit of lipo on my stomach and an extended tummy tuck. How long after that can I fix the other area I have mentioned. I am very interested in making my upper body balanced with my lower body. I have lost 70 lbs. I work out 5 days a week.

Staging surgery

You likely have to wait about 4-6 months to do the additional procedure.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Wait at least 3-6 months before having other surgeries

Congratulations on your weight loss. I can understand your desire to have the body that you've worked hard to achieve, but I would advise you to wait at least 3-6 months until you are completely healed from your tummy tuck before getting liposuction. Hope this helps.

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

How long after extended tummy tuck can I fix my arms, bra strap area and lower back? What procedures do you recommend.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and congratulations on your weight loss.  If you have reached your goal weight I would recommend liposuction to your low back and bra strap region with a combination of liposuction and armlift to obtain the best results.  I would recommend allowing your body to fully heal after your tummy tuck and assuming no recovery issues 3-6 months after surgery.  Hope this helps.

How long between procedures?

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. I usually like to wait 3 months between procedures but will do them as soon as 6 weeks  and as late as a year all depending on how you recover from the first surgery and how much liposuction I do at the first procedure.  It is the swelling from the liposuction that for me determines the amount of time between procedures. 

Good luck. 

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Extended arm tuck to correct loose skin on the back

Congratulations on your weight loss!  You are wise to address the abdominal area first.  I have noted that many patients go on to loose even more weight after lipo/tummy tuck.  I would suggest that you wait at least 6 weeks before having another major surgery.  You need to give your body a chance to fully heal from the tummy tuck before you go into another procedure.  Be sure to discuss your arm and back options with a PS who is experienced in this type of surgery.  The arm tuck can be extended along the lateral chest to tighten both areas on the same day.  Best wishes!