I'm half Korean/Caucasian with sun spots. Is Fraxel or Clear& Brilliant better or do I skip and go to a hydroquinone product?

I'm 43 and half Korean/Caucasian. I've had BBL treatment several times for sun spots on the right side of my face, but with no lasting effect. The spots are the same if not slightly darker and so I am leaning towards Fraxel, but an experienced esthetician at a dermatological practice recommended Clear & Brilliant, followed by the Obagi skin care regimen. Do I go with a laser? If so, which one? Or do I skip the lasers and go to a hydroquinone product?

Thanks for your query. chemical peeling will help you more in freckles. Deep peels works better for freckles. You can even combine the two treatments which can have added effect. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Asian Skin and Pigmentation

Asian skin is very delicate and easily gets darker from lasers.  I treat a lot of Asian patients am I would not recommend IPL or Fraxel for your skin from the description.  I would recommend hydroquinones and chemical peels.  Please consult an expert in Asian skin.  Best, Dr. Green

Laser for Korean/Caucasian Skin--IPL for brown spots--See an Expert

The IPL laser can be a very effective treatment for brown spots in Asian patients. Make sure that your health care provider is very experienced in treating Asian skin. Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel for sunspots?

I do think that the 1927 laser from Fraxel is great to treat pigment with. It is possible that these are not just sunspots but something more complicated. In these cases, a QS laser is needed for treatment. An in person consultation is needed to best evaluate this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD