I want my nose to be smaller than what I have? (Photos)

I have always been insecure about my nose and I have been thinking of getting it done so it could be smaller.. Will I be able to get it small and normal? My race is Mexican , since sometimes it varies by skin.

Smaller nose

There is room to make adjustments to the tip of your nose and width, but it is important that you understand there is no real "normal". The goal for a rhinoplasty is adjust the anatomy so it is in better balance with the rest of the features of your face, and even your stature.  

Your skin is also thicker, and this can have a huge impact on the final outcome. It is unlikely that you can expect to have a very well defined nose/tip due to your natural skin thickness. 
There are also limitations on how "small" your nose can go, without compromising breathing. Above all make sure you find the right surgeon for you, who can answer all your questions while making you feel comfortable. Take your time finding the right surgeon for you! 

Walnut Creek Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhino

What you want done is completely up to you.Rhinoplasty which typically starts at $5,500 depending on the area you live. To make sure you get the best possible result, the surgeon should perform a detailed exam of the nose and provide a realistic goal that you and your surgeon agree upon. Rhinoplasty are permanent, but with age facial features do change. Find a surgeon and go for a consult. Maybe try and see if the Dr can do photo imaging to show you what he or she can achieve.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Nose

ashleynowsme, of course you can simply see an experienced surgeon that does "only faces". Make sure they have plenty of good photos to see on their web site. search the Internet. As for your nostrils I prefer not to alter the shape at the time of the original rhinoplasty. I wait until the tip has settled and presented itself to the point that I feel comfortable taking this step. Why do I stage this? First of all it is not reversible so if one takes this step it must be done as precisely as possible. Secondly, when I change the projection, orientation and shape of the nasal tip it will change the shape of the nostril in a way that is unpredictable which harkens back to my first point. Finally it is a patient friendly step, can easily be done under straight local, with minimal bruising, swelling and post op discomfort. So give yourself 2-4 months and then talk it over with your surgeon. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing Nose for More Refined Feminine Appearance

Your entire nose including the tip and nasal base can be narrowed. Tip definition will be improved by changing the contour of the cartilages and adding cartilage grafts to improve definition. Your thick skin will make it impossible to achieve the ideal result but significant improvement can be achieved.

Smaller nose

I assume you mean less wide.  The width of the tip can probably be improved upon, but you have what looks like thick skin which can limit the refinement that you might desire.

Smaller nose

The appearance of your tip is broad with a parenthesis- like appearance,  on each side and slight notching of the rim,
This appears to be a form of malposition of the alar cartilage. This requires a special technique to put the cartilage in the proper position, possibly trim some lateral crus, and maybe graft the rim and put in a tip graft. The most important thing is to make the proper diagnosis.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making the nose smaller, which can be accomplished by narrowing of the bulbous tip, narrowing the bridge line, and decreasing the projection of the nose. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will be an impediment to see a very refined result in an area. For many examples, please see the link and the video below

Want my nose to be smaller than what I have?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

I want my nose to be smaller than what I have?

Your nose can certainly be improved with Rhinoplasty. It is best to seek in person exam by an experienced Board Certified PS to determine how thick your skin is and create a specific surgical plan for you. For more info on how to choose the right Rhinoplasty Surgeon you can view the video attached