What is best for these flabby arms? (photos)

I was told before that if I do surgery I guess just lipo the skin could hang more . I want the best solution and am thinking it would leave me with a cut. I have seen arms that are a little worse or either identical and there skin/arm is tight. The cut was clean and slightly under arm pit. Please help . I have lost a lot of weight and I have 15 more pounds to go to get to where I want to be. I am 5'8 and trying to get to 175 pounds.

You would benefit most from an arm lift.  Select a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of body contouring each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Arm lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you would benefit most from an arm lift.  It is likely true that in your case, liposuction of the arms will only make your arms sag further by only removing fat.  By excising the excess skin that you have, you will achieve an improved contour of your arms.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Shaping arms with fat removal or skin excision

Hi, I just added a link that might be helpful...

Hi Betterme2016.  An in person examination is necessary to say for sure but it appears that lipo would provide good improvement, especially if a skin tightening technique such as VASER or LASER is done.  You do have extra skin now that is more than can be collected into the armpit. Another idea is to try coolsculpting to reduce the fat-it is nonsurgical and if you don't get the shape you are looking for by just getting rid of the fat, then you can go on to a surgical arm lift. Be sure to consult with an ABPS certified PS for more info. Good luck !

What is best for these flabby arms?

Thanks for the question and pictures.  I think your plan to achieve a long term stable weight prior to surgery is a good one.  Based on your photographs, I think you will do best with a "full" arm lift operation; in my practice, I would not offer you a "mini" arm lift. Best to seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Learn about the pros/cons/possible risks/complications associated with the procedure as well. 
The arm lifting procedure is a great procedure to remove excess skin and adipose tissue of the upper arms. However, this procedure carries a major drawback: difficult scarring that may require scar revision (more so, in my experience, then other procedures).
I have tried placement of the resulting scars in the bicipital groove (between the biceps and triceps muscles) as well as a long the inferior–lower aspect of the upper arm. I have found higher patient satisfaction with the latter approach. If the excision can be planned such that the scar falls along the frontal aspect of the lower arm, then the scar may be visible only when the patient raises his/her arms.
As with many plastic surgical procedures, the planning of the incisions and resulting scar line is critical. However, even with attention to detail, the resulting scars may not be ideal and revisionary surgery is often necessary to improve the appearance (for example, the width) of the scars.
You may find the attached link, dedicated to arm lifting surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes as you work towards your goals.

What is best for these flabby arms?

Thank you for your question.  First, if you are still losing weight, consider getting to your ideal weight before undergoing this surgery.  Based on your photos, it seems that a brachioplasty combined with liposuction would be a great option.  This would eliminate the excess skin and fat as well.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

From your photos and report of weight loss, it appears the best solution would be a brachioplasty (arm lift surgery). The surgery would reshape the underside of the arm, treat the excess skin and adipose tissue improving the contour of the upper arm. Performing liposuction alone would treat adipose tissue but not the excess skin. I would recommend making an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS