Looking to downsize and exchange breast implants. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had high profile implants 5 years ago and am looking to downsize my implants. I've been trying to decide between moderate and high profile as I would like the most natural look. I've read that high profile implants are narrower and have more projection but based on my body type (5 ft 7 in, 145 pounds), what would be the best choice?

Breast Revision to Include Smaller Implants

It is certainly feasible to #downsize to smaller implants and also alter the positioning; if possible. However, decreasing is size may also require a Breast #Lift to to #tighten loose skin, better optimize the end result. Any #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingent on shape of body and your desired outcome.

What about...?

...not trying to learn plastic surgery in few days, choosing a good surgeon, expressing to him your goals in terms of breast size and shape, and then let the doctor the implants that in his correct criteria do produce the wished effect?

Maybe this is a more straightforward approach.

Just an advice.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Implant Downsizing Solutions

Your brief answer is that if you have been pleased with your breast shape, then you will likely enjoy another set of high profile implants, although 20-30+% smaller.  The better answer is that you will need to consult experienced board certified plastic surgeons, discuss your detailed wishes and desires, review their photographs and results, then select the surgeon you trust.  Various subtle adjustments to the internal capsule will likely be part of your revision surgery.  Describe what you consider natural looking and let your surgeon help you get those results, using his or her choice of implants, rather than predetermining an implant style.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Looking to downsize and exchange breast implants. Any suggestions?

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for. 
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “down a cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to downsizing breast implants surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Implant profile

The profile can be changed based upon your anatomy, but an exam in person is essential.  Best of luck

Hi!! thanks for the question ...In my practice I usaually use for breast augmentation high profile implants ( very high profile in most of cases) because it will give a natural look and youthful...Look for a board certified plastic surgeon.All the Best!!Dr. Brenda Pache

Brenda Pache, MD

Lots of options

You can replace with a lower profile just about the same base width butt hat may not be a bid enough change for you. Seek a consult and look at the difference from what you have now. You have some asymetry with a lower left fold which could be repaired at the time of exchange. Good luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

You did not specify the size you have??? So can not respond. Best to seek in person opinions..........

Downsizing breast implants. Projection vs diameter. What to choose?

Congratulations on your procedure, and thank you for your question. Lets start by saying that you have a beautiful result.

I agree that high profile implants have the most youthful and natural look. The moderate plus will have less projection. Giving the appearance of less breast size, however the diameter would not change. If projection is your concern, then exchanging for similar diameter moderate plus implant would be your best choice. If on the other hand, the diameter is the issue and not the projection, then, a smaller high profile implant should resolve the problem.

Make sure to consult with a board certify plastic surgeon to evaluate your goals and your anatomy.

Wishing you the best with your journey.