If I did CoolScultping on my stomach, would other areas be affected?

I have a question. The place that I callled that does coolsculpting said they don't do the chest, but I was wondering if I got it done on my stomach would I naturally start to lose weight in my chest? Because I don't want to have a flat stomach and then still have man breast. Like would it even out in other places?

CoolSculpting Fat Reduction in Untreated Areas

CoolSculpting is designed to reduce fat only in the area where the applicator is placed and will not reduce fat in other areas unless they are directly treated. Unfortunately, CoolSculpting your abdomen will not destroy fat cells in your chest, although patients who see results in their abdomen may be more conscious about their diet, which could lead to a natural reduction of body fat in other areas. If you are interested in CoolSculpting your chest, I would recommend pursuing an evaluation from another physician who has performed the procedure in that area. Note that CoolSculpting the chest is considered off-label and not FDA-approved; however, we have experienced noticeable results in the chest area using several different applicators, including the CoolCore and CoolMini.

Oak Brook Physician

Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question.  Coolsculpting will only treat the area of fat that the applicator is placed on.  Please see a physician who is certified in Coolsculpting. Best, Dr. Green

Will CoolSculpting affect other areas

Hi onabulsi32,  Coolsculpting will only treat the area that the applicator is placed. The male chest can be treated with coolsculpting, however some practices may not due to it being off label (not FDA cleared).

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

Having CoolSculpting performed in the abdomen will not reduce fat in other areas of the body. I recommend you have a consultation with an expert to discuss your concerns and desires.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question. Coolsculpting only treats local areas of fat that are placed within the applicator. If you had your abdomen treated fat cells would only permanently be eliminated in that area. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting only reduces fat in areas that are being treated.  However, coolsculpting can motivate people to be more consistent with their diet and exercise routines and then subsequently lose weight in other areas of the body Good luck with your treatements

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting only works on the area that is suctioned into the cup. Treating the abdomen will not reduce fat in your chest. CoolSculting can help improve pseudogynecomastia but you will need to evaluated to see if you are a good candidate. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see both your non-surgical and surgical options. 

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and other areas

I appreciate your question, however Coolsculpting will only work in the areas where the applicators are placed. If you have Coolsculpting performed for  fat reduction in your abdomen then the fat loss will only be in your abdomen. I would recommend having a consult with a board certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon who can discuss what procedures will provide you the best outcome.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting - local treatment only

CoolSculpting is a great treatment for localized areas of subcutaneous fat, typically resulting in 20-25% reduction of fat volume in the area where an applicator is placed. Treatment on the abdomen won't result in reduction of fat on the chest and is not a weight loss treatment. However, fatty male breasts ("pseudo-gynecomastia" or "man boobs") can be treated effectively with CoolSculpting by an experienced provider.

CoolSculpting - an effective, localized treatment for excess fat

CoolSculpting is a treatment that reduces fat volume only in the area in which applicators are placed.  If you get a CoolSculpting treatment for your abdomen, then your chest will not be affected at all.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon