CoolSculpting. Is it normal to see no results?

I had cool sculpt to my lower abdomen 1 month ago today. ( 2 treatments, consecutively, left side then right side of lower abdomen, overlapping below my belly button, as recommended by my dermatologist.) I see absolutely no difference. I am 5'2", 115. I always had a flat abdomen until menopause 2 years ago and now I have what I call a "pooch" . Thought this was the answer but with seeing no difference thus far, and spending $1200, I am very disappointed . Is this normal to see NO results?

CoolSculpting Results Appear Gradually

I understand the desire to see results by now after undergoing a cosmetic procedure, but I encourage you to be patient. The CoolSculpting process encourages the body to gradually remove fat cells through its normal metabolic system, and it typically takes up to 3 or 4 months for results to emerge. Based on your measurements and concern about a belly pooch, CoolSculpting sounds like it was the right treatment. With a little more time, I'm confident your disappointment will turn to satisfaction.

Spokane General Surgeon

Results Take a Little More Time

I understand how patients can become a bit frustrated after investing in a series of treatments, but it does take longer than a month to see a difference. The price and recommended number of treatments vary per patient, but CoolSculpting typically removes 20 to 25% of the fat cells in a treatment area over the course of a few months, which is how long it takes your natural metabolic processes to remove damaged cells. I encourage you to be patient and allow the fat-removal process to work. I have never seen CoolSculpting not work for patients who were good candidates for the treatment. Good luck.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Full results from CoolSculpting can take up to 3 months to appear.

Full results from CoolSculpting can take up to 3 months to appear. CoolSculpting does not provide the same kind of dramatic results that liposuction can, but you should see a 20-30% reduction that will appear gradually. You may also want to compare before and after photos, because the change is so gradual that some patients might forget their original shape until they see the before photo. If the amount of reduction is not enough for you, you can have another treatment done. It is important to have a Z-wave treatment immediately applied to the frozen fat to achieve an additional 10 – 20% fat loss. Be sure your physician has this device for best results.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting results take 30 - 90 days, be patient. Best of luck. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting and No results

It is too soon to anticipate seeing a change.  It takes four months to see the results and you shouldn't expect to see a different yet.  Please return after 4 months and examine your before and after photos to best evaluate.  Continue to diet and exercise in the meanwhile. Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting results

The full results won't be evident until at least 3 months after the procedure.  At one month I wouldn't expect you to see results.  If after 3-4 months you still have a "pooch" I would recommend you be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon to see if the pooch is from abdominal wall laxity instead of fat.  Best wishes!

Maida Parkins, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

When does one see Coolsculpting results?

One month is not enough to throw in the towel.  We tell patients to expect results beginning at about two months and that they can expect improvement for up to four months.  So hang in there and keep your plastic surgeon advised of your concerns. See my answers about the treatment also in the attached video.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results

It can be frustrating to have so much anticipation about seeing great results, but two months is really not long enough. I would suggest waiting another two months and then returning to your treating physician for assessment of the results. 

In in my experience, CoolSculpting is unique in delivering results, and the same effect, in every treated patient.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

2 months for final results

As stated you may experience results as soon as 3 weeks post treatment but I typically tell patients to wait a full 3 months to see final results. Without your before and after pictures it is difficult to weigh in on how many treatments you may require to see the best outcome. Good luck! 

Brooke French, MD
Aurora Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

I often have patients who had coolsculpting and saw minimal results.  This is because you should only be expecting 10-20% improvement during each treatment.  If you want more improvement, HI DEF liposuction is the best.  Dr. Emer.