Can I go without a compression bra for 8 hours if I am 1 month post op Breast Lift/Augmentation?

I had a breast lift a few weeks ago on August 25. On sept 24 (a week post op) I have to be in a wedding and wear a strapless dress. I have been religious about wearing my compression bra and only taking it off to shower. What should I do for the wedding? Should I wrap by breasts in ace bandage for support under the dress? My surgeon said I should be fine to go without for the day but I just want to be 100% sure.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

1 month post breast lift /augmentation, can i be without a bra for 8 hours?

Thank you for your question. Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures.  I have patients wear a soft bra after breast augmentation for a few weeks to splint everything, and at that point the scars are generally very stable and we move to normal bras (or none) and long term scar management. At one month you should be fine to go for a day without a bra. The best person to advise you on this is your specific surgeon. 

Should be fine to go without compression

I'd follow your surgeon's advice, but I personally would have no problem with that.  At one month, you should be able to go without any bra for a day and be OK.  Certainly, compression is not usually required.

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon

Bras after surgery

Some surgeons do not require a specific bra post-op and you should ask you surgeon about his preference.

Post breast augmentation

This is a question for your surgeon as everyone has different post op instructions and their reasons for them. Contact his or her office, they are your best resource at this time. Best wishes. 

Dean Vistnes, MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

If your surgeon is okay with you going without your compression bra, then it should be fine.  Your surgeon best knows the details of your surgery and how you are progressing through your recovery.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast augmentation post op

Thank you for your question.  If you have already discussed this with your surgeon, and they feel it will be alright for you to go without the bra, then you should follow the advice of your operating surgeon as they are familiar with you and your personal recovery experience.

With kind regards,

Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S. 

Lane Smith, MD