Cheaper Breast lift w/ augmentation?

I just saw another post here on realself talking about how getting breast implants would be cheaper at a university training program. I would assume this is true but is there any schools here in NC that anyone would recommend? Of course I want the best when it comes to any surgery but if I'm able to get the same quality care and job done I would at any other practice for a lot cheaper I certainly want to go for it. How much cheaper would the university do this for?

Cheaper Breast lift w/ augmentation?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Wake Forest is Great

I trained at Wake Forest in Winston-Salem and their program is fantastic.  We did several cases as chief residents with limited attending supervision.  The price you pay will probably be around $4,000 - $5,000 at a training program.  We charge $7,400 fro breast augmentation with lift at my private practice in New Bern.  The price is considerably more, but there are many advantages to seeing a board-certified and experienced breast expert for your surgery.

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon

North Carolina has three training programs

UNC-Chapel Hill, Wake Forest and Duke.  It will depend on who is staffing the resident clinic and what residents are on service during the time you wish to have your surgery done.  Like anything in life, there is a risk you get someone with not too much experience.  You might also get the next greatest plastic surgeon in the world.  You just never know.  I also doubt the price would be that much cheaper.-JGH

Breast Augmentation

A good place to start is by contacting the American Society of Plastic Surgeons ( ASPS) for a listing of training programs in your area.