I had a breast lift with saline implants 1 month and a half ago (8/10/16); left with concerns? (Photos)

I've had an opened wound under my left breast since I took the first set of gauze (they put on day of surgery) off... my concern is if it's infected or is it healing my plastic surgeon doesnt seem helpful or concerned he just tells me to keep it dry and now tells me to use scaraway silicone bandages on an opened wound I don't know what to do please anyone who would like to input I would really appreciate it

Wound healing after breast lift surgery

Its not uncommon to have areas of slow wound healing after breast lift surgery.  While things may look a little alarming at this stage, they usually resolve well without any further intervention.  I usually advise patients to shower twice daily and dry the area with a hairdryer on the lowest setting to ensure the wound is dry before applying a dressing.  Silicone gel products are not recommend until the wound is fully healed.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Delayed Wound Healing

You are having slow healing after your breast list. It is not uncommon. I recommend you clean the area daily with soap and water and apply antibiotic ointment to the area at least twice a day. A scar cream is not recommended until complete healing. Please meet with your surgeon again to express your concerns and get improved guidance and communication. He should be seeing you frequently until you are healed. Best wishes for healing. 

Breast lift with implants, problem healing.

Thanks for your question and the photos. I'm sorry you are having concerns. Breast lift combined with implants can put a lot of strain and tension on the overlying skin. You are seeing a small healing issue at the point of maximal skin tension called the triple point. This is where the 3 incisions meet up and the Blood supply to the skin is most stressed.

You have a small open area the will likely heal in uneventfully, You will need to continue to be followed by your PS to make sure that no infection develops.  Once healed you and you PS may consider a minor scar revision if need after the skin relaxes.

I generally recommend a small bandage and a touch of antibiotic ointment, but check in with you PS to be safe.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Wound concern

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures, it is hard to advise without an exam, but the wound does seem to be healing.  It is important that you see your surgeon regularly to monitor your progress.  Good Luck.