Breast implants for trans women (MTF). Any suggestions?

I recently inquired with a local plastic surgeon who does breast augmentations but was informed that he doesn't treat MTF patients because they're "more complicated." What's more complicated about a trans woman's chest than a natal female's? Is there a legitimate difference or was he just being prejudiced?

Thank you for your question.  There's not much of a difference.  The only thing maybe that a trans woman has even less breast development and skin to accommodate a large implant in one shot.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

MTF top surgery

The principles and techniques used to perform breast augmentation in trans women are similar to what is used with cis women.  Not all plastic surgeons have experience with performing breast augmentation in the trans population. Best wishes. 

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS

Thanks for the question.  I do not find that MTF breast augmentations are any more complex than cis BBA's.  The only thing that I have found is that, in general, trans patients tend to need a larger implant to achieve their goal compared to a cis female. That being said, its no different than a cis female with A cup breasts who wants a large implant.  The same basic principles regarding tissue stretch, chest diameter, and implant positioning apply.  Perhaps another opinion would be helpful.  Good luck on your transition!