My boobs are asymmetric after 2.5 weeks post op. Help!

I am 2.5 weeks post op and I feel like my left breast is dropping way more. I have more fullness in the upper pole in the right. I have subfascial implants. How do I get the left one to even out? Should I be worried at this point? What are my options? I have 415 HP sientra and I'm worried they are too heavy.

Thank you for your question and photos.  At only two and a half weeks post-op, you absolutely should not be concerned.  You need to give yourself several more months before assessing the final results of your surgery.  Your breasts should continue to drop into place, reduce in swelling and even out.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Postoperative asymmetry

For now, you should take a deep breath and not worry too much. It takes 2 to 3 months of healing for everything to really settle to the final result. You are only at 2 1/2 weeks and the tissues around the implants are undergoing a lot of changes. It would probably be a good idea to have a quick check by your plastic surgeon to see if they would recommend any special downward massage or other.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry 2 1/2 weeks after breast augmentation.

Yes, of course you should see your surgeon, but that doesn't help answer your question.

You have 415cc HP Sientra implants, which are textured round cohesive silicone gel implants. Textured means they are designed to adhere to the tissues that surround them. If one implant is dropping, this would imply that tissue adherence did not occur (or was lost with movement or fluid/blood collecting). The other implant appears to have adhered too high, and should not be expected to drop much at all, even with passage of time (or with use of an elastic bandeau).

415cc is not too heavy (at least as implants go), and that is not the cause of your concerns--tissue adherence (or not) is the issue here.

Although re-operation may be necessary, I would ask your surgeon about an elastic bandeau worn "Mexican gun belt" style below the "lower" breast and above the "higher" breast. Breaking the adherence to allow the implant to drop is another option, but only with your surgeon's approval, as this can cause bleeding and re-operation anyway. Re-operation should ideally be delayed for 6 months or longer to see how things turn out. But, again, don't expect much change if your textured implants do indeed adhere as designed--this is why initial position is so critical.

In the meantime, stay in contact with your surgeon, ask about re-do policy and who pays for what, and consider an elastic strap, even though these should not "work" with textured implants. However, might beat a re-operation. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Differences in breasts after augmentation

Without seeing your before photos, one cannot comment on the postop photos. There are always differences before surgery and what you see now may reflect what was there before surgery. Discuss all of your concerns  with your surgeon, and remember that things change for about 2 months after surgery.  Best wishes.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Everyone is asymmetric to begin with. It would be reasonable to post the prep photos to compare them. If you have concerns check with your surgeon.

Breast asymmetry after implants

Your best bet is to go  back to your PS and discuss your concerns.  You may still be more swollen on one side.  Also, massaging the higher breast may help it to drop down.