I have been doing some research on festoons and wonder what I have (Photo)

Please help me understand what these are and how I can get rid of it

Doctor Answers 1

Mid cheek crease

Hi, I don't think you have a festoon, what you see is mid cheek crease/nasojugal groove. It is generally genetic and people can have it even at a young age. Some will put filler in that area to try to improve it but there is a ligament that holds it in place so it tends to persist but can be improved. Get a consult for a full assessment. Good Luck.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.