Is there a certain age that is considered too young to have blepharoplasty?

I have droopy eye lids but I'm only 28. I don't feel like I need a brow lift, so maybe just blepharoplasty. Am I too young though?

Blepharoplasty in young patients

There are no age limits for blepharoplasty. Young patients may have hereditary facial features such as prominent brows and hooding of the upper lids that become symptomatic or bothersome at an earlier age. See an oculoplastic surgeon for an evaluation and discussion of your options, risks and benefits. Best wishes with your decision.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Earliest age for a Blepharoplasty

In evaluating patients for a blepharoplasty, the anatomy of the patient guides my recommendations.  If a young patient has a heavy upper eyelid that is creating an illusion of a small and tired eye, a blepharoplasty could be an option for the patient to consider regardless of their age.  You will like have both surgical and non-surgical options.  It will be in your benefit to consider all options and choose which you think will be best.

Blepharoplasty

You would have to be evaluated in person. Some patients age quicker than others. Perhaps Botox to elevate the lateral brow a bit might help?

eyelid surgery and brow lift surgery

A full set of pictures are required to make a determination about being a candidate for 2 completely separate surgical procedures.  For many before and after results of both procedures and more information, please see the link and video below 

Age for blepharoplasty

Twenty eight is very young for a blepharoplasty unless you have a muscle condition resulting in droopiness or a significant asymmetry. Before considering surgery, it may be possible that Botox could be of benefit.

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. At our office, we do not perform surgery on young patients who are still developing because their facial features and structures are changing. 28 is not too young for a blepharoplasty, however, to determine your candidacy please post pictures on this site and consult in-person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon