3 months post op and I still feel the implant right under my skin. Do I need a smaller size? (Photo)

I got 550cc saline under the muscle three months ago. My left side feels great but on the right I can feel the shell of the implant right under my areola. Also, sometimes when lying on my back the implant looks odd, like there is just not enough skin to cover the implant. Will my skin continue to stretch and accomodate the implant or is it time to consider putting a smaller implant in?

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Smaller implants?

Palpability of the implants can always occur. If the implants are too large in diameter compared to your breast base, then you might want to consider smaller implants.

Smaller implant

Thank you for the question and the picture.    You really need an in person evaluation to get accurate information regarding the issues that you are having.    Good Luck

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

3 months post op and I still feel the implant right under my skin. Do I need a smaller size?

Thank you for your question.   I would urge you to see your plastic surgeon for an examination in person. The 550 cc implants are quite large and replacement with a smaller implant may be indicated.  However it is best to have an examination and person and not rely on Internet advice.