Do you think that I need a lift or will implants under muscle suffice? Scarring scares me! (Photo)

I am a mom left with deflated breasts after breastfeeding my babies. I know I have some ptosis but was wondering if I could get away without a lift. I am 5'7, 120lbs.

Breast augmentation

You are a good candidate for a breast augmentation. You appear to have a mild difference between your breasts but this will not be issue.good luck.

Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift?

No, you do not appear to need a lift.  Implants alone should produce a great result.  Best of luck.

Dean Fardo, MD

To lift of not to lift?

Hi emiybealeYour nipples are a bit low and it looks like you will do best with a lift, however, I don't have benefit of exam.Scarring is always a concern with breast surgery, but usually, the scars are acceptable.  Alternatively, there aren't substitutes for doing the right thing for the right reasons.One thing you may consider would be to get a breast augmentation and see how things look.  You can always go back later for a lift if you aren't happy!  Choose the right implant for your goals, and NOT to try to give more lift.
All the best.

Breast Augmentation

Hello, thanks for your inquiry and for your pictures. It seems that you would do well with moderate to large implants with no need of a lift.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Do you think that I need a lift or will implants under muscle suffice? Scarring scares me!

great question, per your pic I think you could achieve a great look without a lift, would need to completely " fill" your deflated breasts though, good luck!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Do you think that I need a lift or will implants under muscle suffice?

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures that you shared, I would think you will benefit from just the Breast Augmentation,  but an in person examination is needed.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants alone

If you understand that you will not get a perky fake look, you can have a good result with a moderate-big implants without the lift. If you dont want a big augmentation then the lift will be necessary. 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Need a lift?

Thank you for your question. You do not need a lift. Your nipple complex is well centralized and the little bit of glandular droop is not a problem. Stay conservative with your implant size for best results. Best of luck!

Bruce Landon, MD

You could have a moderately sized implant placed without a lift and should look very natural with minimal scarring.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Your breasts can be augmented without a lift as long as you understand that they will still sit somewhat lower on your chest because of your skin laxity. Do not make the mistake of trying to use a large implant to fill out all of the loose skin as this will ultimately leave you with larger sagging breasts that are heavy. A lift with implant will give you a more perky appearance than an implant alone, but the lift can always be done later.