Am I a good candidate for Tummy tuck and breast implants?

I'm 33, 188lbs and 5'10", a mother of three. I've had weigh loss surgery, as a result I've lost 100lbs. My weight loss has slowed so I thought this may be a good time to pursue surgery options. I'm just not sure if I am a candidate for surgery. I was hoping I could have a hip to hip incision, but I've seen women with bigger tummies have to have the incision up the middle of their abdomen. I'd also like to have implants placed. Just not too sure if my goals are unattainable.

Congratulations to you!

Congratulations on your weight loss! From the photos you have posted it appears that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck and augmentation. Your best bet would be to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. During the consultation you should expect the surgeon to look at your medical history to determine if your are physically ready for such surgeries.

Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on your weight loss accomplishment. Typically we will wait approximately 18 months and ascertain that your weight has stabilized before performing post weight loss body contouring surgery. You appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation and abdominoplasty without the need for a vertical incision. Find an ABPS certified plastic surgeon who will thoroughly evaluate your needs and recommend the appropriate procedures to give you the surgical results that you desire. Maintenance of your “new” body is then up to you!

Norman H. Rappaport, MD

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to be a candidate for a breast augmentation and tummy tuck.   The tummy tuck will repair your muscles and liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Check the ASPS website to find a properly trained, board certified plastic surgeon to perform your surgery. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy tuck and breast implants?

Your photos show that you have sustained a significant weight loss. Congratulations on your result! The loose skin pattern which you have reflects the weight loss and therefore loose skin exists in both the horizontal AND vertical dimensions. A modification of the traditional tummy tuck is in order here. Yes, it will involve a transverse scar from hip to hip AND a vertical midline scar as well. But, if it is all about the shape for you, then the vertical scar will allow your surgeon to produce a far more attractive figure with the fleur de lys pattern incision. Your breasts do not appear to show much droop: the nipple positions are above the under-breast fold. Therefore, a straight forward breast enhancement with implants should help to compliment the tummy tuck while restoring your more youthful figure.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate?

Congratulations on your weight loss! As long as your weight has remained stable for 3-6 months before surgery you may be a good candidate for a mommy makeover.  I do not suggest having surgery until you have reached your goal weight. Tummy tucks are typically done with the hip to hip incision you are referring to, but sometimes the fleur-de-lis incision you referred to (up the middle) is necessary to achieve a better contour. Another option is a circumferential incision or an “around the world” tummy tuck.  I would make a appointments with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area and during your consultation be sure to discuss what type of incision they would suggest.  If you are looking to have larger, fuller breasts, then breast implants may help. However, often patients who have lost that much weight need additional procedures to maximize the aesthetics of the breasts, namely a mastopexy or “breast lift” with or without implants depending on your volume goals.

Audrey Klenke, MD
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Thank you for sending your pictures and question. I think you will do very well with a breast augmentation and abdominoplasty. Congratulations on your weight loss and you can expect a tighter abdomen and more fullness in your breasts and I do not think you should need a vertical scar in your abdomen. It is best that you meet with several plastic surgeons before you find the one you are most comfortable with before proceeding with surgery. Good luck!

Mark Deutsch, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and back along with breast augmentation. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You are a good candidate for a full Tummy Tuck, together with lipo and a breast augmentation. This can be done very well in 1 procedure. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss. I think you would benefit greatly from a full tummy tuck without a fleur de lis incision because you have great definition of your oblique rectus abdominis junction. I think if you desire fuller breasts, then yes an augmentation would definitely help you achieve the desired look you hope to obtain. As always, please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

Mommy make-over after major weight loss

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • If your weight is stable, it makes sense to have surgery in 3-6 months to be sure you stay at that weight.
  • Yes, a low incision is the standard approach - higher ones are either from poor design or removing too much skin so the tension pulls the incision higher.
  • Implants can be done at the same time - an exam is needed to see if you need a lift of the breast or side of the chest for a nice result.
  • So start looking for plastic surgeons in the Rahleigh area who limit their practice to cosmetic surgery - you should have a very nice result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS