Tummy tuck scar - is this a step off? (photos)

Hi, I'm 1 month post Mommy makeover (TT w /MR, BL/BR) I wear my compression garment 23/7, and only take off to shower. I've been sticking to a low sodium, high protein diet and drinking a lot of water. I haven't gained any weight and have been following my post op instructions to the T! Why do I have this sort of bulge, step-off, or whatever it's called above my incision? Of course I will discuss with my PS, but wanted to pose the question to other PS's. What is your opinion?

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and picture.  It is too soon to to know what your final results will be at 1 month. Continue with your girdle as directed by your PS and as time passes the swelling should continue to improve.

Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after tummy tuck

At one month after surgery, the veins and lymphatics that have been cut in order to do the tummy tuck have not had a chance to fully grow back. This, in my opinion takes several months. From what you describe your doing,its all the correct things.Patience here is a virtue. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

At 1 month post surgery I wouldn't panic. This likely is swelling above the incision. As the lymphatic circulation improves this will settle. It may take 3-4 months before it's entirely smooth 

Arko Demianczuk, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck scar - is this a step off?

At 1 month post-op - it's too early to pass final judgement.. Also, without pre-op photos- it's difficult to comment accurately. It appears you have a good result so give it time and follow your post-op instructions

Tummy tuck scar - is this a step off?

Congratulations on having undergone the "mommy makeover" surgery.   Based on the photograph, I think the incision line is feeling very nicely. I think you will also be surprised how nicely any "step off" and/or irregularities will smoothen out over the course of time (scars continue to mature during the first year post op).  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Tummy tuck post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (1 month post-po) the swelling is completely normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If after six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck scar - is this a step off?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Congratulations on your surgery, it looks as if you will have a very nice result.  Final results from the types of procedures you had performed may take 6-12 months from surgery and you will see steady improvement as time passes.  Any step off along your incision is likely the result of some degree of soft tissue swelling to your skin that needs time to fully resolve.  Be sure to voice your concerns with your surgeon, and maintain close follow up to ensure you continue to heal without issue.  Best wishes

Tummy tuck Incision step off

Thank your for supplying your pictures. In my opinion, this may represent swelling and the rare possibility of some excess skin. You should re-evaluate your result in another 2 months.  This should improve with time. Best wishes. 

Tummy tuck scar - is this a step off?

If after 3 months healing the bulge is still an issue than a revision would be indicated>>>>>>>>>>>>>