After hair transplant, would the patient be kept on any medications like Finasteride?

After hair transplantation, patient would be kept on any medications like finasteride ?

You do not need to take medications such as Propecia or finasteride after a hair transplant surgery.

You do not need to take medications such as Propecia or finasteride after a hair transplant surgery.  Many doctors may recommend it but that does not mean it is an absolute rule.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thank you for the post. You do not have to remain or continue taking Finasteride post FUE hair transplant. It is highly recommendable if you can, to help save your native hairs, but it is not a must, or not mandatory. Any grafts taken from the permanent zone, will not be affected by DHT, and will remain with you for a very long time. Hope this helps.

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

After hair transplantation, any medications

After hair transplantation, patient would not be kept on any medications especially like finasteride...You may use some supportive medications like biotin , zinc or folic acid etc..I dont recommend my patient  finasteride because of life long  usage and possible persistent sexual , psychological and physiological side effects

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Finasteride Use Pre & Post Op

I strongly recommend to remain on Finasteride post op. The use of Finasteride is to prevent the already existing hair follicles you have from following out whereas the hair transplants are to fill your thinning or balding areas. You will optimize your results with a hair transplant + medical treatment.Have a great day.

Ben Talei, MD

Finasteride after hair transplant

This drug is used immediately before and after a hair transplant to prevent shock loss from happening. Ask you doctor for this drug if you are a male

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon