How to Address Raised Scars on Nose?

I have these raised scars and on the lines by the side of my nose. I had bad acne during early puberty and I used a thick, rich cream to ease the redness. It helped but it also clogged the pores and eventually caused swelling. I'm not sure how to explain it but I hope this sketch makes things clearer. I drew it this way to show the contrast between scars. Im a terrible artist. In reality everything is skin-colored. What do I do? I'm male and just turned 19.

Doctor Answers 3

Scarring on nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am sorry you have this problem. You should probably see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can help with this situation.  Sometimes scar revision surgery can help, sometimes laser treatments can improve the scarring as well.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Many different procedures could be beneficial

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Many different procedures could be beneficial for the sars you describe. You should see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializez in scar treatments. Dermabrasion is a common option for raised scars

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Seek an evaluation of your scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are many options that rarange from topical agents to injections to dermabrasion to lasers to surgery.

You need to be seen for an evaluation to discuss your options. 

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.