I Have a Raised Pin Point Scar on my Upper Near the Inner Eye Lid. I Got It Because I Pick on It at One Point with a Safety Pin?

and I broke a capillary. How do I fix it? Should I get it cut out by a doctor or is there a laser that can help?

Doctor Answers 4

Options for improving the appearance of a scar

The appearance of many scars can be improved with non-surgical measures.  It's difficult to make a recommendation without evaluating the scar, but many raised scars respond favorably to injections of 5-FU + kenalog.  This can help to soften and flatten the scar.  

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

Inner Eye Lid Scar

Thank you for your question. You can see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has a V-Beam Perfecta and they can resolve this for you. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Pin point eyelid scar

You can get it cut out or lasered down. If it is small I would consider laser surgery with a co2 laser.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

Eyelid lesion

It is difficult to evaluate without a photo. It is probably best to see an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 74 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.