Please tell how melasma can be cured. (photo)

I am use melaglow,hadroqune cream,its not working

Melasma solutions.

Melasma can not be completely cured, however effective treatment are possible. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams. Another laser I use is the Clear and Brilliant in the Permea setting combined with creams.

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help. Melasma treatments should be tailored to each patient.

All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Melasma

An examination with a UV lamp would better differentiate the type of discoloration you have.  Depending on the source and depth, a combination of IPL and 1064 Q-switched laser might benefit you.  

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

How to Address Melasma

If you are certain that the diagnosis is melasma and not something else, then you must understand there is a treatment but not a CURE! Just like insulin doesn't cure diabetes and high blood pressure meds do not make normal pressure permanently!

I don't use hydroquinone for several reasons but mainly because it does not work.

Find a doctor who can recommend a combination of products like Lytera and or NDYag 1064 laser .If you are not married to daily sunscreen use, then you will be wasting your time and money.

Hope this helps,

Dr Beverly Johnson

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon