Will a mommy makeover help me? And what does an estimated price for one cost? Tummy tuck and breast augmentation.

I have an 5'3 170lbs, 24yrs, I had a csection alittle over 2 year ago. I have struggled for years with my weight it's been an up and down, but after having my son I weighed around 210, even after losing 40 lbs I'm still stuck with a horrible lower belly bulge. I'm looking for an estimated price on a breast augmentation and tummy tuck. And if the tummy tuck would help. I have small legs and thighs, small boobs and a flat butt I'm only big in my belly.

Mommy makeover

Hi and thank you for your question.Judging by your photos you are a candidate for a mommy makeover. This will include a tummy tuck , breast lift with/without  implants. Fees will vary so I recommend calling several board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Best wishes.

Mommy make-over?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Yes, a mommy make-over will make a huge difference for you!
  • You will need a tummy tuck and a breast lift and implants as well if you want to be larger.
  • Even though you are overweight, you have lost your stomach support -
  • Your BMI is 30, making you within a very good range for surgery.
  • Having surgery may help you lose more weight - by making it easier to be active and to feel good about yourself.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover for a Slimmer, More Youthful Appearance

Hello and thank-you for your question and photos.

From the information you have provided, it appears that you would be a great candidate for a combined procedure. I would recommend  a tummy-tuck with liposuction. A "Mommy Makeover" is not a single procedure, but a combination of procedures to restore and enhance the appearance of a woman's body following her pregnancies. The result is smoother skin texture as well as a more youthful, slimmer appearance. A Mommy Makeover involves a combination of procedures:

1.Breast augmentation, lift , augmentation with a lift, or reduction
2. Liposuction of the abdomen or abdominoplasty (mini or full)
3. Liposuction of the hips, thigh, or buttocksThe choice of procedures depends on your aesthetic goals-each treatment is individualized. I would recommend consulting with a Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery well versed in all of the procedures available for the Mommy Makeover.

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Will a mommy makeover help me?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Depending on your desired goal outcomes some form of body contouring procedure would be a good option.  As a mommy makeover typically addresses the breasts and stomach you appear to be a good candidate for a breast augmentation to restore/add volume to your breasts but based on the degree of sagging in your pictures you will need a breast lift as well to maximize your results.  You look to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist to remove the extra skin and leave a more tapered abdominal appearance.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  Best wishes. 

Mommy Makeover Combined Procedures and Cost

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction.Costs will depend on several factors: the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  Different implants may have different costs. Approximate costs can be found on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.
Combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries noted above. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Breast implants with a lift can help improve the shape and contour of your breasts.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Will a mommy makeover help me?

Thanks for the question. Pregnancy can take a toll on a women's body. In order to help reverse some of the effects of child bearing, many women choose to have a "mommy makeover". A mommy makeover can involve ANY of the areas affected by pregnancy:  most commonly a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast augmentation and/or lift (mastopexy).  Other commonly requested surgical procedures include liposuction surgery and/or genitalia surgery. 
Based on your photographs, it is likely that you will be a good candidate for tummy tuck and breast augmentation surgery at some point.  The quality of the photographs are not such that I can determine whether breast lifting may be necessary as well.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for mommy makeover surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.

***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   
You may find the attached link, dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.