Swollen cheek and pain after three implants.

Had three implants in lower jaw two days ago, now in pain, my cheek is swollen.I am taking a five day course of anti biotics.I thought implants were painless!

Pain after Dental Implants

Hi, thank you for your question. I see you have a concern from post-implant placement surgery pain. Implant surgery is like any other surgery in your body. Post surgery, there can be a period of discomfort, inflammation, and bleeding. The mouth is a very active organ and this is very common. If the pain persists, then it needs to be addressed. Pain should be able to be controlled with pain medicine and should be effective and you should only experience discomfort for the first 3 to 5 days. It would be beneficial to you to follow the post-operative instructions given to you by your dentist. If pain persists, see your doctor so he/she can identify why you are still experiencing pain. Pain of short duration does not mean that the implants are unhealthy. Pain in long duration should be addressed. Best of luck to you!

Dental implants

Hi, thanks for write... This is normal, is just 2 days, but you need to add pain killers and anti-inflammatory, the antibiotics is just for infections not for pain. Good luckĀ 

Jepssy Beltre, DDS DDSC
Dominican Republic Dentist