Is It Ok to Have Radiesse Nose Injection 5 Months After Restylane Nose Injection? Fly Immediately After Radiesse Nose Injection?

(1) I had 1st Restylane injection to nose bridge 5 months ago. ~4.5 months ago (2 weeks later), I had 2nd Restylane injection to nose as touch up. Currently, my nose still maintain at least 50% of the shape vs. immediately after 2nd Restylane injection. Is it safe to have Radiesse nose injection ~4.5 months after Restylane nose injection? Does it affect the nose shape since Radiesse is injected to nose that still contain some Restylane?(2)Is it ok to go long flight immediately after Radiesse?

Non Surgical Nose Job With Radiesse After Restylane Should Be No Problem

Injecting Radiesse after Restylane in a nose should not be a problem assuming, of course, that the procedure is performed by a skilled, conservative injector who has good experience injecting the nose. Non Surgical Rhinoplasty is very much of an advanced injection procedure with a unique set of risks, so choosing the right practitioner is really important. I have combined Radiesse and hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane is an HA filler) frequently and have never had a problem. Of the approximately 4000 Non Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures that I have done in the last 13 years, I have used that combination with at least 500 patients. Regarding the safety of Radiesse in the nose, I have used that filler in about 2500 patients with great results. Complications were limited to bruising or a little redness. Both resolved quickly. I don't think that Radiesse or any other temporary filler causes scarring under the skin. I have seen many patients for second and third Non Surgical Rhinopalsty procedures and the skin looked and felt perfectly natural.A long flight is ok, but I would refrain from taking aspirin or ibuprofen for 24 hours after the injection. I would also not work out for 24 hours. I would sleep on an extra pillow and restrict salt for a day to keep swelling to a minimum.

Non-Surgical Nose Enhancement with Fillers

Regarding: "Is It Ok to Have Radiesse Nose Injection 5 Months After Restylane Nose Injection? Fly Immediately After Radiesse Nose Injection?
(1) I had 1st Restylane injection to nose bridge 5 months ago. ~4.5 months ago (2 weeks later), I had 2nd Restylane injection to nose as touch up. Currently, my nose still maintain at least 50% of the shape vs. immediately after 2nd Restylane injection. Is it safe to have Radiesse nose injection ~4.5 months after Restylane nose injection? Does it affect the nose shape since Radiesse is injected to nose that still contain some Restylane?(2)Is it ok to go long flight immediately after Radiesse
?"

I agree with the comments by Dr. Weiner. Plastic surgeons are charged from their first day in training to "Replace Like (tissue) with Like (tissue)" and when it comes to the nose to avoid putting in materials which God would not have put there. The advantage of Hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Perlane and Juvederm) is that our bodies produce the same material, they are well tolerated, they last a long period of time and CAN be dissolved if you do not like the appearance. Radiesse on the other hand is a great filler to layer against bone but since it contains the equivalent of sea coral powder it will result in scar deposition which may interfere with the nose skin blood supply, the texture of the skin and with subsequent nose surgery.

As regards flying, there is no reason you should not be able to fly after your filler injections.

Dr. Peter Aldea

You can have Radiesse after having Restylane

You can have Radiesse after having Restylane. You want to give it about a month to settle in before getting another injectable because you want to determine what component is swelling or bruising. But there’s not a contraindication if you’ve used a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane initially to then use a calcium based product afterwards.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse for nose as a filller

Radiesse can be injected deeper than Restylane or Juvederm but there is a risk of blood flow compromise which can cause a complication. The procedure is not risk-free so discuss this with your physician. An ulceration can cause a scar in this area.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for nose once restylane in place

If you are to embark on further injecting your nose, make sure you have an experienced physician injector. The two products can be layered on each other, but great care has to be taken the there is no vascular compromise. Flying 4hrs after injection should be safe, assuming that the fillers were injected correctly.

Caution with injectable fillers into the nose

While injectable filler treatments into the nose are easy to do and make an immediate difference, they are not complication free. While I am not aware of any material interactions between Restylane and Radiesse, it would be prudent to wait until one thinks all of the previous injectable filler has resorbed before introducing a different one. You do not want to develop some type of inflammatory reaction on your nose if it can be avoided. There are no restrictions to flying after any injectable filler treatment.

Injections of filler in the nose, not as safe as once thought

There are more and more reports of complications coming from nasal injections with fillers of vascular compromise.  Prior nasal surgery puts you at particular risk.  After knowing that, and you still want to get it done, I would only recommend using an HA filler (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane) because there is a way to dissolve these products if a problem arises.  Radiesse can not be dissolved and posses a problem if an issue happens.  There is no problem with "mixing" fillers by injection the same area as a prior injection.

Steven F. Weiner, MD