Hair falling out, 3 weeks post op. Is this normal? (Photo)

Hello there, I have a big concern here, I have a fue transplant about 3 weeks ago, everything was clear no problem there, but recently when I was washing my head, some little pieces of falling skin fall out, but in those skins, where some implantes hairs, I am wondering if is normal,? I hope the folicule didn't fall out, please I need to know, otherwise I'll die of panic, thank you

Shedding after a transplant

Its normal for the transplanted hair to shed 1-4 weeks after the procedure.  It's also normal to see a little tissue, dry skin around the hair.  Rest assured, your grafts are in there well at 3 weeks.

Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

What is the normal post op course after a hair transplant?

I would recommend that you carefully review with your surgical team the normal post op course and what to expect. It is completely normal to have the transplanted hair shed 2-7 weeks post transplant. This is a good thing. These hairs will reappear at month 3.

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Vancouver Dermatologist

Hair falling out

It is perfectly normal for some hair to fall out the first few months after a procedure (known as shedding or effluvium). These  hairs will go through a normal cycle and regrow.Sometimes at this point after a procedure it can look like you have lost hair-because there is some shedding and the grafts haven't started to grow yet.But don't freak out!-it's a slow process and takes 9-12 months to see full results.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss after a hair transplant

I am assuming that you are now losing native hair from the area you were transplanted. This is shock loss, see below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding

Transplanted hair falls out within a few weeks of getting the transplant surgery, except for a very small group of patients. What you're experiencing is pretty typical and isn't a cause for concern, as long as you are not pulling out the hairs manually and there's no sign of trauma.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplant Shedding

It is perfectly normal for the transplanted hairs and grafts to start shedding and falling out at the 3 week mark. This normally starts at week 2 and can last all the way up until week 5 or 6. 

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Transplanted hairs fall out in a few weeks. New hairs will grow out in 6 to 12 months. You may see some growth at 3 to 4 month

Transplanted hairs fall out in a few weeks.  New hairs will grow out in 6 to 12 months.  You may see some growth starting at 3 to 4 month (all the way up to one year).

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon