Question about skin after tickle lipo

Hello. I got tickle lipo done yesterday in my upper and lower abdomen. Before the procedure I was told my skin was elastic. My skin is really kind of droopy right now and I was advised to wear the compression garment for 8 weeks (ugh). How long will it be before my skin starts to look "normal" in my abdomen area and not droopy? 

Laxity of Skin After Liposuction

There are so many questions that need to be answered before any responder can have a truly accurate picture of your pre-op situation. 

1.  how many pregnancies have you had

2.  height and weight

3.  age

4.  photographs pre-op and post-op

Without these, unable to give a true picture, but I will share one good piece of information with you.  Skin continues to shrink up to one year after liposuction, therefore things will get better. 

Compression Garment Length of Time

Compression garments type and when applied varies from plastic surgeon to plastic surgeon and not dependent usually on the type of lipo performed. In my practice, A compression garment placed in surgery immediately after liposuction (steristrip protects the sutures) is recommended and beneficial after liposuction because:
  1. It restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure.
  2. It decreases the amount of bruising.
  3. It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking.
If bulging ridges above or below, creases or bands are present then you probably need to change garments - see your plastic surgeon.
It is common to have weight gain due to edema, serum that collects in the area, and the tumescent fluid that was injected. This will resolve over time. The more you wear the garment initially, the quicker this fluid resolves.
Edema: a condition characterized by an excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body.
The length of time that the garment should be worn varies depending on the amount of fat removed, the elastic nature of your skin, how much loose skin remains, and other factors. Your surgeon would give you the best advice, however this is the general routine for my patients.
The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized, and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in so I can confirm that it fits well.
Most important advice is to listen to your surgeon, as he or she knows how much fat was removed, the elasticity that remains in your skin, and amount of skin redundancy.
I recommend that my patients wear their garments for a minimum of three weeks full time then for twelve hours at a time (day or night). If there is not a lot of redundant skin, this continues to a maximum of six weeks.
To be effective, the garment needs to fit snugly—but not too tight as that can make it difficult to sleep or cause pressure problems (inspect your skin when it is exposed if you are uncomfortable). As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits. A Spanx-type garment would work fine, rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor’s office.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tickle liposuction and skin elasticity and tone

At just one day post your tickle liposuction procedure, it is still very early and the appearance of your skin and contour will change over the next 6 to 12 weeks.  Regardless of the type of liposuction - Tickle, Vaser, Smart, etc., the results will depend on the quality of your skin elasticity or tone that you had before the procedure.  Be sure to follow your surgeon's instructions regarding wearing compression garments, massage and skin moisturizers asa this will also affect the final result.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and skin laxity

Skin laxity can become worse after liposuction. This really depends upon the amount of fat removed, the skin quality, genetics, etc..  As for the specific technique, I have not seen any papers that support that  the laser lipolysis skin produces any better skin retraction than other forms of liposuction.

Skin elasticity after liposuction

I agree with Dr. Reed. If your skin wasn't as elastic as desirable, then liposuction could produce an unsatisfactory result with more sagging. It's impossible to comment with greater specificity without photos. One day postop, there should be swelling and not droopiness.

The key to liposuction is skin elasticity

I can't say without seeing a photo but I share your concern.  It might be that swelling is present but this shouldn't cause loose or lax skin.  I hope your elasticity was as good as they said because no liposuction technology can make it better.  If it wasn't great, you might not like the final result.  Keep close to your doctor and follow their instructions perfectly. Good luck.