Wanting to Replace 8 Year Old Saline Implants, What Are Good Options?

I got my breast implant in 2004. the implant material is not silicon. it's some kind of saline solution. They were ok at the beginning but recently they don't feel real anymore. When I touch my breast, I can somehow feel the saline bags.... so I am thinking about getting new implants that feel REAL. I heard Nagor implant is good. do you have any suggestions? I live in New York City so I am looking for a doctor around this area. Please also let me know roughly how much it would cost. Thank you!

Options to Replace 8 Year Old Saline Implants

It is difficult to suggest without photos. However, it's best to begin by consulting in-person with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn about the options best for you. With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your consultation. 

Each implant have their benefits. Saline tends to be a little less natural feeling than silicone, but it can also create a more dramatic upper breast appearance, which some women prefer. A new saline breast implants option called Ideal Implant™ was recently FDA approved and was created for women who are not comfortable having silicone implants in their body, but desire a more natural feeling implant than traditional saline implants on the market. The unique structure of the Ideal Implant allows for a similar look and feel as silicone with the safety of saline. 

#SiliconeImplants are made with a silicone outer shell and are filled with a gummy-bear consistency silicone on the inside. More women tend to choose silicone breast implants due to the natural feel and appearance. Silicone implants are now made of a cohesive gel which are anti-leak even when cut. Look and feel like natural breasts due to the cohesive silicone gel material. New generation silicone gel implants are far superior than those used in the past and have a proven track record of safety. Silicone implants have gone through more testing than any other medical device and are the preferred choice for over the muscle implant placement. 

#Shaped implants are all #textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from shaped implants. Your Plastic Surgeon needs to measure you and determine the best shape and size of any implants that are used.

The #costs of #BreastRevision are contingent on several factors. Such as geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Also, different breast implants may have different costs. The approximate costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.

Go for the Silicone!

Saline implants are terrible.  Plain and simple.  They dont feel good, look good or last.   I sugge cohesive gel implants .  g

Grant Stevens, MD