Hi ! Question about chin implant / Sliding genioplasty? (photos)

I am unhappy with my profile. I am looking to get a rhinoplasty to have a more defined and slimmer nose and compact nostrils (alar base reduction). however i am also concerned with the lower third of my face. i was looking to get a chin implant but i am not sure if the shape of my chin would allow a good result with an implant. is the sliding genioplasty an answer? also, what is the recovery time associated with it? What i want exactly is a longer chin and not necessarily a more protruding one !

Candidate for Chin Augmentation

It is necessary to get a proper examination done by a board accredited plastic surgeon. After observing your pictures you could be a candidate for chin augmentation. Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. Chin augmentation most often is used to restore balance to the face due to a weak chin (under-projecting in profile). This disproportion of facial structure—having a small chin—tends to make the nose look larger and results in a poor jaw/neckline. As it doesn’t support the neck skin, often it causes skin to hang down from the upper neck and can lead eventually to a “turkey waddle” deformity. Chin implants can also create a wider, stronger chin. They can also be used to lengthen the face slightly.

It is a very simple outpatient procedure typically done in the plastic surgeon’s office or in a surgery center. It is usually done under local anesthesia with oral sedation or intravenous sedation, but can be done under general anesthesia if requested.

It is very important to select a highly-skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon to aid you in selecting the implants and insertion methods that will give you the best possible result.

#chinaugmentation
#chinimplant

Will a chin implant help me?

A chin implant is designed to enhance the projection of your chin. From the pictures that you have provided it appears that you have nice chin projection. Keep in mind that pictures aren't always accurate. I would consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon to get all of your options.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

The chin implant procedure is usually performed on patients who have a recessive chin  to increase the projection and width of the chin. A chin implant  only gives a slight lengthening to the chin. 

Hi ! Question about chin implant / Sliding genioplasty?

Based upon ONLY the posted photos I think you may not be a candidate for any type of chin surgery..//

Osseous Genioplasty vs. Custom Chin Implant

If vertical chin lengthening is what you desire, then the sliding genioplasty (not sliding but vertical lengthening) would be what you need. There are no stock preformed chin implants that simply lengthen the chin. Depending upon how far back from the chin you want it lengthened would determine whether a genioplasty or a custom chin/jawline implant would be best.