5 days post op BA right side feels tight up top is this normal? (photos)

Hello, I am 5 days post of BA I had 365 under muscle HP implants. I have had minimal pain and have stopped taken pain meds day 3 but today my right breast up the top feels really tight and very different to my left. It feels like a torn muscle. Is this normal? It's not painful just annoying and doesn't seems to be going away. Could this be from swelling?

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast implants - one is feeling very tight on day 5 after surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Your photos look fine but 
  • Since you have a recent change during your recovery, you must notify your own surgeon
  • S/he will probably want to check you but it may just be that you are right handed and have been using your right hand and arm too much.
  • But leave that assessment up to your own surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Post Op BBA

To stop painkillers after 3 days you must have a high pain threshold . Your results look great and it takes a good 3 months or so for the implants to settle. Be patient and take all the precautions your surgeon suggested.Happy recovery......

5 days post op BA right side feels tight up top is this normal?

You are very early in recovery and your result looks excellent and normal.  It will take 3 months for the implant to drop into their final position.  Ask your plastic surgeon when you may start breast implant displacement exercises.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on your recent procedure. You are very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Post op Breast augmentation

Hi 

You are very early in your post op journey and this does not sound at all worrying. There are always small differences between the 2 sides as they settle but these will right themselves. You look to have a very good post op result.

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon