10 day post on BA. Is my pain normal? 1 week follow up went well but no improvement! Worried about CC (Photo)

10days BA 365 HP under muscel textured implants. My1 week follow up surgeon was happy with my progress My left breast is so tight on the side it hurts to do up my surgical bra I feel like there pushing in I feel like something is pulling inside As well. I have movement in my right but left has no movement at all! My implant is still sitting close to my armpit and high it feel so different to my right! I have no visual bruising but I'm very concerned about CC. Surgeon doesn't seem worried!

No Pain, No Gain

Capsular contracture is a condition which occurs when the bodies scar tissue contracts around a foreign substance. The etiology for this is hypothesized to be reactive to an irritant, usually a micro amount of bacteria which normally co-exists on the skin. This subclinical infection can result in a fibroblast response which can result in proliferation of myofibroblasts which contract to form a tight band around the implant. THis is usually a process which takes several weeks to months or even years to occur. 

It is highly unusual for a capsular contracture to form in a matter of days. It is however, no unusual or in fact is more likely than not the scenraio that a native breast which has a new implant takes several days to accommodate the now volume and can "feel" very tight and firm. Close evaluation by your surgeon is vital during this period as periodically a hematoma may form and this would result in noticeable asymmetry.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

10 day post on breast augmentation. Is my pain normal? 1 week follow up went well but no improvement! Worried about CC

Thank you for your question. Your result looks very good. Check your pre op photos. My guess is that the right breast was larger and lower beforte surgery which could cause more room for the implant on the right and explain the softness.