I had crown in 2008. I was getting foul swell when I flossed. Dentist tells me x ray shows decay in side crown. Now has to pull?

Options for crowned, decayed tooth #DrSoftTouch

If the tooth has large enough decay that it can not be restored, it must be removed. How soon an extraction is needed would be hard for me to say, but I would recommend having the tooth removed sooner rather than later to prevent infection, tooth fracture and/or pain/discomfort. A bridge or dental implant would be recommend as replacement after having the tooth removed. I hope this helps!  Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.