How soon can I start exercising after Smart Lipo?

When can you exercise after lipo?

Lipo causes swelling and discomfort in the first few weeks. If the treated areas were large or covered a large area, then exercise should be deferred for at least 2 weeks. If they were small, you can return to exercise in 1 week. Contact your surgeon for specific advice.

Excersise After Lipo/SmartLipo

We tell our patients to wait 4 weeks before they continue a rigorous exercise schedule. I have had several patients disregard this recommendation and start at two weeks with no side effects, however I definitely do not recommend this. The reason for the recommendation is due to the healing process, any type of lipo leaves small spaces in the subcutaneous tissue and the compression garment helps seal these spaces. A collection of fluid called a seroma can form in these spaces and when you exercise you mobilize the seal that is forming during the healing process and increase the risk of this complication.Good Luck!Sam Sadler MD

Liposuction and Exercise

I have my patients wait 3-4 weeks and continue their VANQUISH, venus legacy and cellutone/z wave treatments during that time as swelling can persist for months after liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer.