Is it safe to get Breast Augmentation with Lipo at one time procedure?

Breast augmentation and liposuction

Hi! In my practice I often perform combination surgery cases. It actually saves the patient money by combining procedures. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Good luck!

Ok to combine breast augmentation and liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation and liposuction.

• Yes, you should be able to have these procedures done at the same time.
  • Generally we like surgery to take no longer than 6 hours -
  • Both procedures should be possible in that time.
  • So just talk to your surgeon about having both so you can plan your surgery together.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Typically can be done together

Thanks for the great question. Having a breast augmentation and liposuction at the same time can typically be done together. Being able to have them done together does depend on the amount of fat you need removed as well as the location from which the fat will be removed. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber

Is it safe to get a breast augmentation and liposuction at the same time

In general breast augmentation and selective liposuction can be preformed together as long as the total operative time remains below 6 hours.   Consult a board certified plastic surgeon who will examine you and determine how much liposuction can be safely performed.  

Carlin Vickery, MD

Is it safe to have a Breast Augmentation and Liposuction done in the same surgery?

This is a very common question as most patients have a limited amount of time they can take away from work.  Also most of my patients want to do as much as they can in one procedure if they are already going to be under anesthesia for one surgery. 

There is a fine balance between doing as much as we can in one surgery and making sure the post-op course is as smooth as possible for patients after the surgery.  I typically limit my surgeries to less than five hours.  This is a good balance of allowing patients to achieve their aesthetic goals while still keeping everything as safe as possible for patients.

Breast augmentation surgery typically takes me less than an hour, so this leaves time for us to do liposuction or other procedures that a patient might wish to have at the same time.  It is very common for patients to have a breast augmentation and liposuction of the abdomen and love handles.  This will help them be ready for bikini season! 

The recovery for both breast augmentation and liposuction tends to be very straightforward for patients.  Patients can often have the surgery done on Thursday and return to work on Monday. 

During your consultation it is important to prioritize or aesthetic goals so that your plastic surgeon can help guide you as to the best plan of action to help you reach your desired appearance.  Your plastic surgeon will talk you through the procedure that can be combined and what is going to help you reach your aesthetic goals!   

Is it safe to combine a breast augmentation and liposuction?

Thank you for your question.  In my practice, and assuming that the patient is in optimal health, I will often combine procedures such as a breast augmentation and liposuction at one time.  Combining procedures, when safe and appropriate to do so, can be beneficial for patients as there is now only one surgery requiring anesthesia and there is only a single recovery period and time off from work as opposed to two.

I would recommend that you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to further discuss your cosmetic surgery goals.  At the time of this consultation, your goals and medical health profile will be discussed, and after a physical exam your candidacy can be best determined.

I hope you find this helpful and I wish you the best.

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Combination Cases

Thank you for your question. Obviously each case is different, but for the most part, it is perfectly safe to perform combination cases like breast augmentation with liposuction. The combination of these procedures can help you achieve your desired aesthetic. The fat removed via liposuction could even be used to augment your breasts if you wanted about a cup size increase. You should work with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and Liposuction

Yes, it is safe to have both procedures done simultaneously.  I routinely perform both at the same time. 

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Combining liposuction and breast augmentation

This is a classic combination and is safe. Neither procedure is long enough to approach the maximum I would consider safe for ambulatory surgery and the two work well together in terms of creating new proportions.