My hemoglobin Is 11.7 would I still be able to have a tummy tuck Lipo bbl

Medical clearance for surgery

Your hemoglobin is low. It always disturbs me when board certified plastic surgeons say "no problem" when it truly is. Most internists will not put themselves on the line for cosmetic surgery.  Additionally, test results don't come in a vacuum. A full understanding of your medical history and any treatment is essential.  Some primary physicians may clear you for a smaller procedure alone rather than the combination you desire.  Your research should begin at the internist level to know whether there are things you can do to raise the hemoglobin level and how long they are estimated to take.Best wishes,Dr KraftYale University School of Medicine '78

Tummy tuck w/ bbl

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are otherwise healthy and obtain clearance from your medical doctor, then your hemoglobin level alone is not a barrier to surgery at all.  If you are an appropriate candidate for a tummy tuck, it can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  BBL can performed at the same time in the right patient.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Surgical Candidate with Low Hemoglobin?

Without a consultation with a good history, physical examination, diagnostic tests, and potentially medical clearance, it is impossible to determine if you are a surgical candidate. Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon