Will I need a full tummy tuck or mini. (photos)

I wanna know what type of tummy tuck will I need to have .. And can I have my stomach lipo the same time as tummy tuck?!

Full vs. mini tummy tuck?

Your photos show that you have several of the typical elements for which a traditional (full) tummy tuck is appropriate: slack lower abdominal skin; lax muscles; and adipose tissue on your flanks. In order for you to get the most successful result of a tummy tuck, your surgeon should address all three of these common problems, usually associated with child bearing. Be sure to select a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate plenty of experience with tummy tuck surgery.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Full or mini?

Thank you  for the question and photos. Based on your photos you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck. For most surgeons, this typically includes liposuction of the flank areas and upper abdomen as well. Tightening of the abdominal muscles will improve your core tone and can even help relieve lower back pain for some. The tummy tuck typically removes all skin and stretchmarks between the pubic hair line and the belly button. You may expect to have a drain or two in place for a week or so and will be asked to wear a compression garment for up to four weeks. This encourages the skin flap to adhere to the underlying abdominal wall. Consult with an experienced  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your are and ask all the questions you can think of!Good Luck!

Tummytuck vs Mini

Candi.   Physical exam is optimal, but your photos demonstrate that regular Tummytuck would suit you best, as it would offer the most dramatic result! Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

A full or mini tummy tuck

From your photographs it seems that you are in excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. A mini tummy tuck would probably not be appropriate. You should talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon to evaluate whether liposuction of your abdominal wall is appropriate. If you do not smoke or have other contraindications for full liposuction, then it is likely some degree of liposuction would improve the results.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and back.  You should get a great result, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Will I need a full tummy tuck or mini.

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on the pictures, you may be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck operation. Liposuction is often used at the same time as tummy tuck surgery to contour  certain areas. 
In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery. It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Based upon photos provided, you appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved.  Hope this helps!

Will I need a full tummy tuck or mini.

A longer incision will remove more loose skin. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the abdomen and flanks, but you will need an in person consultation to determine the exact procedure.