What do you think the best diet consists of after Lipo?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Best diet after surgery

Thank you for your question.  Patients considering surgery should have a healthy lifestyle, a well balanced diet including lean protein like fish, chicken or red meat, complex carbohidrates and good fats like almonds or avocado. This along with regular exercise will help patients achieve the best results before and after surgery. Patients should strive to reach their ideal weight by using a disciplined approach to nutrition. When a patient is at or near their ideal weight, it is possible for the surgeon to get the best results. Interestingly, many patients are inspired to diet and exercise more diligently when they see the postoperative results. A regular exercise routine is also helpful preparation. By building muscle, a patient increases their basal metabolic rate. This makes it easier to avoid weight gain, especially in the postoperative period when physical activity is minimal. Cardiovascular exercise strengthens the heart and promotes a faster recovery from surgery. If a patient has a regular exercise routine, it is much easier to resume these activities after recovering from surgery. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure. Hope this is helpful! Best of luck!

Liposuction and Dieting

A well balanced diet and scheduled exercise regimen is best to maintain post-liposuction results. Follow up with your physician for questions regarding his or her post-op protocol. Best, Dr. Emer

Diet after surgery

The best diet after surgery is one that is balanced with protein, complex carbohydrates, a good amount of liquid (at least 8 cups per day), and vitamin supplementation with vitamin C and zinc. A diet like this will really help you heal faster and make you feel back to normal quickly. Best of luck to you!

Plastic Surgery Diet

To maintain the best possible result after liposuction , try to Adopt a solid workout regimen and a solid diet. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about diet and exercise before or after plastic surgery. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Diet after lipo

I do not think a specific diet other than eating a balanced diet will have any impact on healing more so than any other. I do tell patients to avoid salty foods as this may contribute to swelling.

Best diet after lipo

Truthfully my general recommendation for patients is that they maintain a steady, balanced diet and exercise routine.  I think that binge diets and fad diets are often not maintanable in the long run.  Best of luck.

Hello and thank you for your question. In general, a healthy diet is always a good idea.  Specific to liposuction is to maintain a low salt diet, as this will help decrease your swelling.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Best diet after liposuction?

Thank you for your excellent question.  I would recommend maintaining a healthy diet of lean meats, fish, fruits and vegetables with good water intake and limited salt.  This will supply your body with the needed nutrients to heal after surgery while not promoting excessive swelling and maintaining a new neutral caloric intake to not impact your surgical results.  Dont' forget your daily exercise as well!   Hope this helps.